We test our mettle against a *cough* somewhat *cough* dubious quiz, and discover who out of the hosts is the definitive “Instant Expert”.
Go like us on Facebook!
02:39—Instant Experts Quiz
From Collecting Pens by Edward Kiersch (2006)
- What are the rarest and most prized pens?
- Why is the Parker Snake so coveted?
- What is the most prized limited edition?
- What distinguishes Namiki from other brands?
- Which ballpoint pens have the best resale value?
- What pens should be avoided?
- Which is a more desirable category, vintage or contemporary limited editions?
- When do vintage pens need to be reconditioned?
- Should vintage fountain pens be used or only displayed?
- How is a pen’s value determined?
- What’s the best way to buy pens?
- If a pen has cracks, should it be avoided?
- What pens are most prone to fakes and forgeries?
- How can you spot a counterfeit pen?
- What is meant by a pen’s “condition”? What should a collector be sure to look for?
- How are fountain pens cleaned and how often should this be done?
- How can leaks be prevented?
- What are the best ways to store pens?
- Which lesser-known pen manufacturers are likely to increase in value in the future?
- Should collecting pens be mainly a fun-filled hobby or an investment?
1:18:10—What We Are Writing With
Sharyn: Sailor Profit 1911 Large SM
Chuck: Sailor Pro Gear Realo Rounded Nose Cursive Italic
Tav: Delta Dolcevita Frederico Oversize B
Diana: Faber-Castell Ondoro Orange M w/ Kobe 20 Motomachi Red
1:27:35—Thanks and Credits
Producer: Chuck Montano, Sharyn Zha and Diana Dai.
Recording and editing: Diana Dai.
Music: Michael Pearce.
Logo: Will H. Smith.
Logo artwork: Melissa Graf.