Just in the nick of time for the holidays, our hosts offer their gift recommendations for all those special people in your lives, and Sophia brings us an interview with the owner of the Australian pen and stationery retailer, LarryPOST.
Go like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/TheNibSection/
The hosts were Chuck Montano, Max Schumacher, Sharyn Zha, Patrick Antolovich and Diana Dai. Jenny Saunders was interviewed by Sophia Le.
01:26—What We Are Writing With
Diana: Pilot Custom 845, Diamine Schubert
Patrick: Omas Milord, Montblanc BMW Blue
Sharyn: Sailor Pent Professional Gear Realo Precious Aquamarine, Sailor Kobe #2
Max: Lamy 2000, Aurora Black
Chuck: Nakaya Naka-ai Polished Shu, Iroshizuku Yama-budo
Photos of the pens up on Facebook.
14:40—Interview with Jenny Saunders of LarryPOST
Sophia Le interviews the owner and head pen specialist of LarryPOST, Jenny Saunders, to chat about why she started her business, how the Australian pen market has changed over the last 7 years, and also to get her gift recommendations for the coming holiday season.
For minimalist planners: Leuchtturm1917 A5 hardcover
Sophia’s hoping for a GvFC Classic Pernambuco this Christmas. *hint hint*
For even more recommendations, take a look at LarryPOST’s shopping guides
32:59—Holiday Gift Guide 2017
Fountain Pen Beginner
- Pilot MR/Metropolitan, Diamine Music Set and Flower Set
- Platinum Preppy, Pelikan Souveran M200 gift set
- Jinhao, Caran d’Ache 849 fountain pen
- Lamy Vista, Pilot Prera, Faber-Castell Ambition
- Lamy Safari (yellow), Rhodia Seyes ruled pad
Fountain Pen Expert
- J. Herbin 1798 Amethyste de l'Oural, Franklin Christoph Penvelope, Dudek Pen Stand
- Lamy Joy calligraphy set, any limited edition fountain pen to their taste
- Midori MD notebook, Nagasawa kip leather single pen sleeve
- Corbo pen case, Kingdom Note pen display cases
- Pelikan 3-pen pouch, leather cover for notebook (check out Etsy)
- Pilot Kakuno
- Sailor Hello Kitty LE ProGear Mini (lol)
- Pilot Petit (also available in brush pens)
- Pelikan Pelikano, Pelikan Twist, Lamy Aion
- Pilot MR/Metropolitan, Pilot Maki-e Fountain Pen
- Taroko Enigma, Caran d’Ache Leman A5 notebook cover
- Hobonichi Planner, Kaweco Sport and the Hobonichi User Group (Australia)
- Pelikan M205 highlighter
- Hobonichi Weeks, book darts
- Field Notes Resolution Edition, Roterfaden
- Robert Oster ink sets, Platinum Maki-e brush pen
- Sailor Profit 1911 or Professional Gear Realo, with 21kt H-FM or H-M nib
- Pilot Parallel, Finetec watercolours, Kuretake Gansai Tambi
- Dip pens, glass pens, Robert Oster Entire Collection Ink Pack
- Custom watercolour pan set, Stillman & Birn art journal
- Omas Ogiva Cocktail Series
- Italix Parson’s Essential, Richard Mille RMS05
- Midori MD leather notebook cover, and handwritten notes
- Pilot Custom Urushi
- Custom pen sleeve, Visconti Corsani The Octa90nal
Check out the Pen Addict for more gift ideas.
Call Me By Your Name soundtrack
Love on Netflix
Producers: Diana Dai, Chuck Montano, Sophia Le, Patrick Antolovich, Denise Tang.
Recording and editing: Patrick Antolovich, Denise Tang.
Special thanks this episode go to Jenny Saunders of LarryPOST for speaking to us.
Music: Michael Pearce.
Logo: Will H. Smith.
Logo artwork: Melissa Graf.