In this...somewhat tipsy end-of-year episode (prerecorded in November), we answer your questions about our favourite nibs, most memorable fountain pen experiences, reflections on a year and a half of podcasting, and much more!
Happy holidays to all our listeners!
Go like us on Facebook!
The hosts were Chuck (@entree3000_), Sharyn (@sharynzha), Melissa (@missdgraf), Brian (@briansaputro) and Diana (@thegrynne). The excellent pup who was (mostly) silent throughout the recording was Sebastian (@sebby.lion).
01:39—What We Are Writing With
Sharyn: Sailor Nagasawa Black Proske “Brosque” Zoom w/ Sailor Kin-Mokusei
Diana: Opus 88 Demonstrator with Regalia Crown Epilogue w/ Iroshizuku Yama-budo
Melissa: Caran d’Ache Ecridor XS Couture Rose Gold with Swarovski Crystal
Brian: Omas Milord Arco Brown w/ Sailor Rikyu-Cha
Chuck: Aurora 88 Minerali Amber BB and Aurora 88 Sole M
- Therese Brand: I'd love to have a better understanding of the different flex nibs vs waverly/cursive/italic, stub/music, zoom nibs etc from the different brand...pros & cons, your own preferences and why?
- Ayeneneyeee: What has been your favourite fountain pen related experience, fact, or skill you've learnt this year?
- Ayeneneyeee: Fountain pen goals for next year? This can be a pen (or let's be honest, pens) you're chasing, a new direction for your collection (russian vintage or even a big cull?), or maybe you're considering exploring new terrain (e.g. nib tuning, urban sketching, ink making...).
- Sharyn: How much ink is “enough”?
- Father Kyle: Self reflections on doing a full year of podcasting about pens.
- Paperlate: It seems like a few of you have extensive Japanese pen collections; it would be great to hear what some of your favourite pens are in each of your collections.
- Tinybadge: What sub-$50 fountain pens can you all recommend?
- Sharyn: Biggest FP surprise and biggest disappointment this year?
Pilot Waverly Nib Review - The Well-Appointed Desk
Sailor Zoom Nib Review - Parka Blogs
TWSBI Eco Transparent Blossom Red - LarryPost
The Wink Pen: A Review - The Pen Addict
Opus 88 Demonstrator - Desk Bandit
Opus 88 Koloro - Pen Classics NZ
Wear comfy shoes to your parties
1:31:28—Thanks and Credits
Producer: Chuck Montano, Sharyn Zha and Diana Dai.
Recording and editing: Sharyn Zha and Diana Dai.
Music: Michael Pearce.
Logo: Will H. Smith.
Logo artwork: Melissa Graf.